COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado. – Fresno State infielder Taryn Irigoyen was named Mountain West Player and Freshman of the Week, while the San Diego State senior Maggie Balint is the MW pitcher of the week for the ninth time this season.
PLAYER AND FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
TARYN IRIGOYEN, FRESNO STATE
Freshman, Infielder, Kingsburg, CA
- Led Fresno State with an average of .692 (13-9) at the plate last week, with nine hits and two homers in four games.
- Hit .733 on-base percentage and 1.231 hitting percentage on the week.
- Recorded multiple hit games in all four Bulldogs competitions.
- Led seven riders and drew a ride over the week.
- Irigoyen is the first freshman to claim both player and freshman of the week recognition this season.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
MAGGIE BALINT, SAN DIEGO STATE
Senior, Pitcher, West Grove, Pennsylvania
- Helped San Diego State win a series against Utah State.
- Went 1-0 in the circle with a 0.95 ERA in 14.2 innings of work.
- Had 25 strikeouts to a single walk, limiting USU hitters to just .80 average on the week.
- Tossed his first career no-hitter in the 4-0 win over the Aggies, marking SDSU’s first no-hitter since 2007.